As we enter the season of autumn, children are going back to school, young people are starting new adventures at college or university. How can you make autumn a time of positive change for YOU?
For many people a key goal for positive change in their life is to get fit….. or fitter. And to be able to enjoy all the positive health and wellbeing benefits that fitness brings.
Here at Absolute Health and Fitness we are passionate about health and fitness, and we would love to help you feel healthier and fitter this autumn.
Here are 3 ideas for this autumn:
Go For A Walk
Take advantage of these beautiful autumn mornings (and afternoons and evenings!) and go for a walk!
Research shows that a brisk 15-minute walk every day adds 7 years to your life. So take advantage of the mild and sunny weather to search out a 15-minute walking route that you enjoy, and make it a daily event.
If you can’t manage every day, 3 times a week will still make a huge difference to your fitness and sense of wellbeing.
Give Your Diet an Autumn Refresh
What you eat is such an important part of keeping fit and healthy. All my clients have a nutrition plan to complement their training plan.
Include these top 5 foods in your autumn diet:
- Oats – porridge is the ideal autumn/winter warmer! Slow-release carbs leave you feeling full for longer.
- Almonds – a tasty and nutritious snack, loaded with minerals and vitamins. Contain some fat but it’s the healthy monounsaturated kind!
- Avocados – provide Vitamin E and help your body absorb vitamins.
- Eggs – packed with protein and also give you your daily B12 requirement and selenium, a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Winter vegetables – turnips, swede and squashes are a great low-carb option at this time of year.
Book a Personal Training Session
Come to the Absolute Health and Fitness gym at the South Lodge for a personalised training session.
Get expert advice on the exercises that will suit you best and which will have the most impact on your health and fitness. With the support of a Personal Trainer you will make faster progress and avoid injury.
Wishing you a wonderful, golden autumn 🙂